- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons room temperature butter
- Mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it reaches a crumbly state.
- Set aside.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Alternately add the milk and the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture, ending with flour
- Add blueberries. Stir only enough to blend.
- Pour the batter into a grease 9” x 9” x 2” pan. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes at 375℉, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and set it on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve right from the pan.