Ways To Give
Gifts of Cash: The most frequent and simplest means of supporting Chewonki’s work is by giving a gift of cash, either by check, credit card or wire transfer.
- Checks should be made out and mailed to:
485 Chewonki Neck Road
Wiscasset, ME 04578
- Credit card donations are easily accepted using our online giving form or by calling us at 207-882-7323.
- Wire Transfers (EFT)
Please give us a call at 207-882-7323 to get the necessary banking information for the wire transfer (name and address of our bank, ABA#, and account number).
Matching Gifts: Many companies have programs to match donations to qualified organizations made by their employees. Contact your employer to determine if they will match your gift to Chewonki.
Gifts of Securities: Please follow our instructions for transferring stock. A gift of appreciated stock receives an income tax deduction equal to its current market value.
Tribute Gifts: A donation can be made in honor of someone, to celebrate an occasion, or in memory of a loved one.
Click here to see a list of our various endowment funds.
Planned Giving: A planned gift (bequest) becomes an enduring personal affirmation of Chewonki’s mission. Some of the potential benefits of planned gifts and bequests:
- Help sustain Chewonki, an organization and purpose you care about;
- Generate savings on your income and capital gains taxes;
- Generate savings on your gift and estate taxes.
For more information about planned giving and bequests, please give our Development Office a call at 207-882-7323
Chewonki has a Gift Acceptance Policy for clarity.