- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished bars out (makes cutting easier). Set aside.
- Make the crust: Mix the melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour and stir to completely combine. The dough will be thick.
- Press firmly into the prepared pan, making sure the layer of crust is nice and even.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are very lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Whisk the sugar and flour together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and lemon juice and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour filling over warm crust.
- Bake the bars for 22-26 minutes or until the center is relatively set and no longer jiggles.
- Remove bars from the oven and cool completely at room temperature (about 1 ½ hours).
- Store in refrigerator.