- Uphold health care standards and procedures of the Chewonki community.
- Provide care for ill or injured participants and staff.
- Health screenings for all participants and staff.
- Assess and assist with workers compensation issues, make referrals for medical follow up, and report work-related injuries to HR within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Communicate with summer program directors, appropriate staff, and parents regarding health issues.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of the First Aid Kits.
- Monitor the storage of medicine (per Maine state law) and other medical equipment.
- Screen health forms for Chewonki participants and staff.
- Report to the Supervising Nurse and act under the accordance of the Maine State Board of Nursing regulations.
- Monitor and carry a walkie-talkie and on call phone.
- Support the 24 hour needs of the health center, through living on campus for all or part of the summer and monitoring the on call phone overnight
- Lead health care orientation and trainings.
- Maintain the use and storage of health records for participants and staff.
- Contribute to the Chewonki community through participation of chores and events.
- Current professional license, in good standing, with the Maine State Board of Nursing
- Valid Driver’s License approved by Chewonki’s insurance carrier
- Experience working with children in a school or camp environment
- Legible penmanship
- Must Pass Background Criminal Check
SALARY AND OTHER DETAILS
Salary depends on experience, licensure, and certifications. Benefits include room & board and generous discounts on Chewonki programs.
|Job Category||Seasonal Positions|