Nurses at Chewonki maintain the social, emotional, and physical health of Chewonki Foundation participants and staff, under the guidance of the Maine State Board of Nursing and our medical director. Contribute to the day-to-day operations of Chewonki’s Health Center and support the Director of Health Services to ensure that the Health Center is meeting the needs of participants and staff.
- Participate in pre-camp training
- Uphold health care standards and procedures of the Chewonki community.
- Provide care for ill or injured participants and staff.
- Perform health screenings for all participants and staff.
- Available to assess and assist with employee illness and injuries, make recommendations for medical follow up, after reporting work related injuries to HR and Director of Health Services within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Communicate with summer program directors, appropriate staff, and parents regarding health issues.
- Provide a comfortable, restful, non-judgmental therapeutic environment for those who feel ill, anxious, or who are injured
- Oversee the use and maintenance of the First Aid Kits.
- Monitor the storage of medicine (per Maine state law) and other medical equipment.
- Screen health forms for Chewonki participants and staff.
- Report to the Director of Health Services and act under the accordance of the Maine State Board of Nursing regulations.
- Provide phone triage and support to Expedition Trip Leaders
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all health care provided to participants and staff utilizing an electronic medical record system
- Have a basic understanding of COVID-19 risk management strategies, competently assess participants for COVID-19 symptoms, and understand they may be asked to take care of a COVID-19 positive patient.
- Monitor and carry a walkie-talkie or on-call phone.
- Support the 24 hour needs of the health center by sleeping on campus and monitoring the on call phone a minimum of 1-2 nights per week in addition to regular health center shifts
- Lead health care orientation and training for staff and participants.
- Ensure the camp Health and Wellness Center is clean, organized, and well maintained
- Oversee the use and storage of health records for participants and staff.
- Live into Chewonki’s mission and diversity, equity, and inclusion statements, both professionally and personally
- Contribute to the Chewonki community through participation of chores and events.
- Current professional license, in good standing, with the Maine State Board of Nursing or an approved compact state
- Two years of professional experience preferred
- Two years of camp employment experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License approved by Chewonki’s insurance carrier
- Must Pass Background Criminal Check
- Current professional license, in good standing, with the Maine State Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification
- Staff may be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine prior to employment
- Mandated Reporter Training – available during onboarding
- Driving training – available during onboarding
SALARY AND OTHER DETAILS
Salary depends on experience, licensure, and certifications. Benefits may include room & board and generous discounts on Chewonki programs. We consider individuals for shorter periods than the full season.
|Job Category||Health Center, Seasonal Positions|