The Chewonki Big Eddy Campground Site Assistant provides assistance to the Site Manager in overseeing Big Eddy Campground and ensures that the facility is operated in a fashion that meets all Chewonki standards for safety, quality of service, and sustainability. The Big Eddy Campground Site Assistant reports to the Site Manager.
The Big Eddy Campground Site Assistant position is a seasonal position requiring the availability to work 30-40 hours per week from late May to late September. During the campground season the days are long. Chewonki provides a camping site at Big Eddy during the campground season for the Site Assistant.
Position Title: Big Eddy Site Assistant
Employment Category: Category H
Reports to: Big Eddy Site Manager
Schedule (hours and weeks): Full time
Benefits Eligible: No
- Assure the safe management of the campground including the occasional enforcement of rules and regulations to ensure a safe, enjoyable visit for all.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for visitors
- Use reservation system, process cash sales, complete daily cash balance records
- Clean and resupply all public facilities daily including campsites, cabins, shower house, privies, and office.
- Represent Chewonki in a manner that is consistent with mission
- Operate basic systems (electrical and water)
- Provide assistance in carpentry projects
- Provide logistical and other support to Chewonki groups staying at the campground or traveling through the region.
- Develop an understanding of all Chewonki programs and departments for ease of communication and cross promotion.
- Knowledge of vehicle and small engine repair, including routine maintenance
- Experience in basic property maintenance
- Carpentry and painting
- Light electrical, plumbing and electrical
- Grounds care
- Experience using power tools and landscaping equipment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and troubleshoot to resolve maintenance issues
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and accomplish strenuous tasks
- Good communication skills, spoken and written
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours
- Basic computer knowledge
- Good knowledge of recreational opportunities in the region
- Working knowledge of Chewonki
- Flexibility in work schedule including working long hours
- Experience in outdoor recreational activities, e.g. fishing, hiking, canoeing, whitewater kayaking
- Current CPR/first aid certification
- Valid drivers license and approval by Chewonki’s insurance carrier, must be 21 years old to drive participants
- Candidates must pass a background check before hire
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Hourly wage, $12 – $17/hour, dependent upon experience, a room for the duration of the season.
|Job Category||Big Eddy, Seasonal Positions|