The Chewonki Big Eddy Campground Site Assistant oversees Big Eddy Campground and ensures that the facility is operated in a fashion that meets all Chewonki standards for safety, quality of service, and sustainability when the Site Manager is away. The Big Eddy Campground Site Assistant reports to the Site Manager. The Big Eddy Campground Site Assistant position is a seasonal position. During the campground season the days are long. Chewonki provides a staff cabin at Big Eddy during the campground season for the Site Assistant. The position is available April 27 – October 18, 2019.
- Assure the safe management of the campground including the occasional enforcement of rules and regulations to ensure a safe, enjoyable visit for all.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for visitors
- Use reservation system, process cash sales, complete daily cash balance records
- Clean and resupply all public facilities daily including campsites, cabins, shower house, privies, and office.
- Represent Chewonki in a manner that is consistent with mission
- Operate basic systems (electrical and water)
- Support and oversee campground volunteers
- Provide logistical and other support to Chewonki groups staying at the campground or traveling through the region.
- Develop an understanding of all Chewonki programs and departments for ease of communication and cross promotion.
- Knowledge of vehicle and small engine repair, including routine maintenance
- Experience in basic property maintenance
- Carpentry and painting
- Light electrical, plumbing and electrical
- Grounds care
- Experience using power tools and landscaping equipment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and troubleshoot to resolve maintenance issues
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and accomplish strenuous tasks
- Good communication skills, spoken and written
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours
- Basic computer knowledge
- Good knowledge of recreational opportunities in the region
- Working knowledge of Chewonki
- Flexibility in work schedule including working long hours
- Experience in outdoor recreational activities, e.g. fishing, hiking, canoeing, whitewater kayaking
- Maintain a valid drivers license and approval of Chewonki’s insurance carrier, must be 21 years old to drive participants.
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification
- Valid drivers license and approval by Chewonki’s insurance carrier, must be 21 years old to drive participants
- Candidates must pass a background check before hire
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Hourly wage dependent upon experience, a room for the duration of the season.
|Job Category||Seasonal Positions|