The Associate Director of Admissions supports the admissions office in all aspects of student recruitment, marketing, admissions, and enrollment for Maine Coast Semester at Chewonki and the Elementary School at Chewonki. The primary focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service to prospective students and their families and to help facilitate the broad range of initiatives necessary to reach enrollment goals.
Position Title: Associate Director of Admissions
Employment Category: Category A
Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management
Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Help build and confirm scheduled school visits for admissions travel. Work with Director of Enrollment Management to create itineraries and pack promotional materials for trips. Use salesforce to capture visit data.
- Travel as needed domestically to visit schools or participate in other recruitment activities.
- Plan logistics for travel including finding competitively priced airfare, hotels, and rental cars.
- Build and confirm schedule for Maine schools with the aim of promoting the Maine Youth Environmental Leaders Scholarship and increasing the number of in-state applicants.
- Travel to Maine schools to promote and enroll semester students and cultivate strategic relationships with in-state school contacts.
- Coordinate on-campus and regional enrollment events for in-state students (Example: winter climbing event at Salt Pump Climbing, summer open house / lobster bake). Collaborate with other Chewonki programs and departments as appropriate.
- Plan and coordinate enrollment events in the homes of semester alumni in as needed in collaboration with the Alumni and Friends Coordinator.
- Assist in the cultivation of inquiries to applicants to enrolled students by making and answering admissions phone calls, entering inquiry emails into database, and sending follow up correspondence.
- Work with Director of Enrollment Management to coordinate tours for prospective families, train and schedule student tour guides, and meet with prospective families.
- Assist in coordinating accepted student open houses.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications office and Director of Enrollment Management to communicate Maine Coast Semester & the Elementary School at Chewonki’s brand image through promotional materials, including the viewbook, tri-fold, posters, acceptance packet, swag, slide presentations, videos, photography and web content.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications office to manage the Maine Coast Semester website and social media.
- Coordinate the Maine Coast Semester blog on a weekly basis and oversee blog work program.
- Help faculty and semester students archive their photos in the semester photo library. The goals and agenda for this photo library will be set in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Promote semester student photography through mini-topics and collecting photos.
- Work with marketing and communications office and Director of Enrollment Management to create “drip campaigns” and promotional email campaigns to prospective students, parents and school contacts
Admissions Evaluation and Reporting
- Compile annual admissions statistics including semester demographic breakdown, aid awarded, etc.
- Work closely with the Director of Enrollment Management and Director of Marketing and Communications to track leads, prospects and applications through application cycle and analyze data.
- Assist Director of Enrollment Management in interviewing applicants and reviewing applications.
- Act as a member of the Admissions Committee.
- Create and send admission decision letters and emails.
- Enroll students in salesforce.
- Work with the marketing and communications office and registrar on surveys.
- Create lists for admissions mailings and events.
- Assist with database maintenance and clean-up projects.
- Work with Director of Enrollment Management on continued integration of Salesforce into admissions office processes.
- Participate in the Chewonki community by serving on committees, attending Chewonki (work)day, and staff retreats, etc.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors Degree
- Independent school experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and public speaking experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Office experience
- Database experience, SalesForce experience a plus
- Experience using Google apps
Salary and Benefits
This exempt position has a pay range of $38,000 – $45,000 annually. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, optional vision insurance, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan (currently matching up to 4.5% after one year of service), paid time off, and access to professional development funds.
To Apply – accepting applicants until position filled.
Please complete the following information and upload:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position
|Job Category||Administration/Support Positions|