Thanksgiving reminds us of how fortunate we are to share Chewonki with such a wonderful community, and a chance to share what we love. Last week, while we were eating lunch in the Wallace, we asked students and staff to write down some of their favorite things at Chewonki. We’re thankful for all of these lovely people and experiences!
1. Watching the sun rise when we’re doing farm chores.
2. Walking onto the Quad and realizing how amazing it is that we can spend time in this beautiful place.
3. Collective passion for place, mission, and our common experience.
4. Every single person here is knowledgeable about something super-interesting, and everyone is accepting and kind.
5. Coming back from something like wilderness trips or solos and being all together. Everybody is happy and hugging each other and it just feels like we’re one huge family.
6. Dance parties.
7. Seeing workhorse Sal’s silhouette at the farm.
8. When the moon is so full that we don’t need a flashlights.
9. Hearing the barred owls calling to each other.
10. The sense of home we feel at Chewonki.
Thank you for making Chewonki a wonderful place. Happy Thanksgiving!