The Chewonki Debsconeag Lake Wilderness Camps Site Assistant oversees Fourth Debsconeag Lake Wilderness Camps and ensures that the facility is operated in a fashion that meets all Chewonki standards for safety, quality of service, and sustainability when the Site Manager is away. The Site Assistant reports to the Site Manager. The DLWC Site Assistant position is a seasonal position ranging from part-time to full-time, based upon reservations and scheduled programs. Chewonki provides housing at Debsconeag Lake Wilderness Camps for the Site Assistant.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for visitors
- Assure the safe management of the Camps including the enforcement of rules and regulations to ensure a safe, enjoyable visit for all
- Use reservation system
- Clean and resupply all public facilities daily including, cabins, shower house, privies, and office
- Represent Chewonki in a manner that is consistent with mission and provides excellent customer service
- Operate basic systems (electrical, water, satellite internet)
- Provide boat transportation for guests from the public landing to Debsconeag Lake Wilderness Camps.
- Provide logistical and other support to Chewonki groups staying at the Camps or traveling through the region
- Develop an understanding of all Chewonki programs and departments for ease of communication and cross promotion
- Experience in maintaining property systems, building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Experience offering exception customer service.
- Boating experience including the use of an outboard motor
- Ability to prioritize everyday responsibilities along with special projects.
- Familiarity with the use of an ATV
- Computer literacy for online communications.
- A lifelong love of the outdoors and appreciation of the activities of Northern Maine
- Reliable personal transportation to drive to DLWC over 22 miles of gravel roads
- Maintain a valid driver license and approval of Chewonki’s insurance carrier, must be 21 years old to drive participants.
- Have the physical ability to lift and carry 40+lbs.
- Maintain a minimum of Wilderness First Aid certification
SALARY AND OTHER DETAILS
Compensation based on experience. This is a residential position and time commitment ranges from part-time to full-time, based upon reservations and scheduled programs.