The duties of the Facilities Support Staff include laundry, housekeeping, dishwashing, dining room support, occasional grounds work, and other tasks as required.
● Coordinate effectively with the Head of Housekeeping
● Maintain a clean and functional laundry facility
● Maintain a clean, sanitary, and functional dining facility and dish room
● Maintain good housekeeping in the main buildings around campus
● Support the kitchen and facilities crew as needed
● Work effectively in a team
● Clean and maintain the laundry room facility
● Wash, fold and organize camp laundry for participants
Dining and Dishes
● Sweep and mop the dining facility including dish room, dining area, and kitchen
● Wash kitchen dishes and meal preparation tools
● Clean and maintain the coffee area
● Organize dish room supplies, dining room supplies, kitchen supplies
● Maintain and deliver compost to farm compost facility
● Sweep, mop, wash windows, and vacuum common areas in our buildings
● Clean and maintain sanitary restrooms and shower facilities
● Organize housekeeping supplies and distribute to appropriate locations
● Remove recycling and waste from offices and common areas
● Assist with facilities or grounds work as needed
● Assist with kitchen duties as needed
● Assist with special events as needed
● Uphold and support Chewonki’s recycling and zero waste effort
● Represent Chewonki in the greater community in a responsible manner
- 14 and 15 years olds will be required to obtain a work permit after hire, before starting work.
- Must have a “get it done” attitude.
- Reliable transportation
- Team player
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week including weekends, holidays, early mornings and/or evenings.
- Starting pay is $9.00 per hour, paid semi-monthly
- Chewonki requires direct deposit