Seasonal drivers resupply our wilderness trips, pick up/drop off participants at Portland and Boston airports using 15-passenger vans and mini-busses, often pulling large trailers.
● Safely drive participants
● Resupply wilderness trips with necessary food and equipment in a timely and safe manner.
● Pick up participants at airport on opening days.
● Deliver participants to airport gates as unaccompanied minors.
● Conduct vehicle safety checks in accordance with Chewonki policy.
● Use seat belts and enforce seat belt use.
● Report any mechanical difficulties to the Facilities Manager.
● Learn safe and efficient vehicle operation and attend training sessions.
● Park and lock vehicles safely in the appropriate area when not in use
● Instruct and monitor participants’ appropriate behavior in and treatment of vehicles
● Maintain receipts and travel logs
● Report and file documentation with the Business Office in case of vehicle damage, staff accident, or motor vehicle violation.
- Clean driving record (class 2 license not required)
- Must meet ACA age requirement –over twenty-one
- Must pass background check
- Current first aid and CPR certification (class available)
- Must attend Chewonki driver training class (need to schedule)
SALARY AND OTHER DETAILS
This position is paid on a per diem basis, $100 -$150. Position runs mid-June through mid-August. Drivers are encouraged to make and pack a meal from Chewonki’s kitchen for any drives through meal times.